Dare To Be Expectant!
I’ll like to begin today’s devotional by asking you a very important question about your attendance of the coming Easter Retreat —
What Are Your Expectations?
What are you really believing God for — are you just coming to simply “make up the numbers”, or are you determined and expectant that the time you will spend will count towards the advancement and fulfilment of your destiny?
Before you answer that question, let’s look at two crucial words that we have mentioned above, that might help you to correctly define your response:
- The first word is Expectation — It means a strong belief that something will happen or be the case.
- The second word is Expectant — Having or showing an excited feeling that something is about to happen, especially something good.
Pregnant With Destiny
As I looked for the right feature image to use as the thumbnail to capture the essence of today’s blog, the first few images that came up in my search for the word “expectation” were images of pregnant women!
How fitting that is — we normally refer to pregnant women as “expectant mothers”, and say that they are “expecting”.
This portrays a sense of a person that is carrying a life within them that they are eagerly expecting to come forth at the expected time. In much the same way, there is a God-ordained Purpose, a vision that is appointed for you to give birth to in this season of your life that you are carrying within you — are you expectant and excited about the delivery of that destiny?
Maybe you’ve suffered miscarriages in the past; maybe you have experienced the disappointment of “phantom pregnancies”, maybe the expected birthing had been delayed up until now; but the word of the Lord to you as you wait, is that on this blessed occasion, you have come to the time of birthing!
“Shall I bring to the time of birth, and not cause delivery?” says the LORD. “Shall I who cause delivery shut up the womb?” says your God.” Isa 66:9
“They shall not labor in vain, Nor bring forth children for trouble; For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the LORD, And their offspring with them.
“It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear.” Isa 65:23-24
- Take some time out today and over the next few days, to seek the face of God and to pray that He will impregnate you with a word for this season.
- Ask for the Stirring of the Holy Spirit to incubate the word of God in you and to ignite the faith you need for your miracle to be delivered.
- List out your expectations by faith and table them before the Throne Of Grace.
- Meditate on Luke 1:26-37
- Thank God for hearing and answering your prayers.
Pastor Wale Ola
We’ll be praying corporately every night over the 7 days of fasting.
Please join us again online for prayers tonight, between 7.30pm and 8.00pm (UK Time)
LOGIN DETAILS TO JOIN MEETING
iPhone one-tap :
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):