Pulling Down Strongholds
Scriptures For Meditation: 2 Cor 10:3-6; Eph 6:10-19; Luke 11:21-22
Warfares are a normative reality in the life of a believer. We will all go through seasons when we would need to “fight the good fight of faith” as it were, taking a stand on the word of God as we reach forward for His promises concerning our destiny.
The first two scriptures that we read earlier both talk about the life of a Christian in allusion to this fact about Warfare.
Sometimes, this can be indicative of a “spiritual barrier” that the enemy may have erected or designed to hinder or frustrate the fulfilment of God’s plans for your life!
It seems at these times, as though we are consistently fighting battles — it looks like the things that we don’t want to manifest are the things that keep happening, and the things that we are believing God for, fail to manifest.
These can be as a result of the enemy raising a stronghold or strongholds against your advancement, that has to be destroyed and removed in order for you to advance in victory!
The various obstacles resembling a fortress which exist, and which are designed and adapted to oppose the truth and the triumph of the Christian’s cause.
Strongholds exist in many forms — you can look at your life or your family heritage, and identify what seems to be a recognisable pattern of challenges or struggles that have plagued you or your family through the years.
It could be a certain issue that you have been consistently battling against over time without success.
It could even be the attitudes and actions of people that the enemy has raised against you to frustrate your efforts in business, Career, ministry, marriage or other areas of your life.
Strongholds will keep you from being delivered — stop you from reading the word, to understand the word, to pray, to believe what you have read, or to even see that you need deliverance.
The bible tells us in 2 Cor 10:4, that God has given us spiritual weapons for our warfare, that are mighty to pull down strongholds! And as we learnt in our study on fasting, fasting is one potent augmentation to our prayers that can help us to destroy demonic strongholds in our lives!
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the areas of your life where you may have been harbouring the stronghold of sin that has given the enemy a legal right to afflict or hinder you; confess, repent, and ask God to forgive you in Jesus’s Name, and to revoke the legal right that the enemy has used against you.
- Ask God to highlight areas of your life where you may have been confronted by, or are being hindered by the enemy’s strongholds.
- Ask him to show you what these strongholds really are.
- With the authority that you have as a redeemed child of God and the reality of the victory that Christ secured for you on the cross of Calvary, come against these strongholds, pull them down, and command them to be removed from your life, family, business, ministry or church in the Name Of Jesus.
- Pray that God will remove every area of your life from the influences of these strongholds.
- Pray for the recurring interruptions in these areas of your life to cease.
- Pray that the favour, blessings, anointing and power of God will be consistently manifest in your life in Jesus’s Name.
Pastor Wale Ola