Scriptures For Meditation – Matt 5:13-16; Isa 60:1-3; Eph 2:10
There is a new buzzword that is trending right now, which I’m sure you might have come across sometime or the other in your social media newsfeed; it is the word “influencer”.
As defined by the Cambridge Business English Dictionary © (Cambridge University Press), it is a marketing terminology that is used to refer to a person or group that has the ability to influence the behaviour or opinions of others:
The influencer is the individual whose effect on the purchase decision is in some way significant or authoritative.
These “influencers” are also usually known by the sobriquet — “Thought Leaders”; who are so called, because their opinion or thoughts on social issues, inform and lead the thinking of those that look up to, and are influenced by them — our children, the political system, educational institutions, entertainment and indeed every nook and cranny of our social life.
Who are these thought leaders?
They are individuals who have learnt to excel in their “spheres of influence”, earning a reputation or sometimes even a notoriety that makes them relevant in the public eye. They are individuals who have an influence directly or indirectly over our temporal, daily living!
Can you guess who they are?
But I hear the Spirit Of the Lord saying, that He is about to change the order of things and return the influence to His Church and to His people, so that we might have a voice again in the nations, and in our societies to turn them to the Lord!
Influencers like Moses, the sons of Issachar, Josephs, Daniels; Influencers like You, who will be empowered to speak with the authority of His kingdom in the places that He has and will put us to operate at — our spheres of influence.
God wants to make you a thought leader and an influencer in that place that you work — in that hospital, that school, that bank, that organisation, that industry, to affect policies and decisions and to be a gateway for the manifestation of His kingdom and His power.
To be an influencer is to be positioned in the corridors of power and invested with the responsibility to lead.
As the bible says in Eph 2:10 —
“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.” NLT
Child Of God, it is time for you to arise and take your place; it is time for your life to begin to reflect the glory of God.
Can you believe God for the promotion that will bring you influence and the power to be a change agent for God’s Kingdom?
Are you ready for this kingdom assignment?
Prayer Focus — The Kingdom
- Let’s spend today with our eyes taken off of our mundane earthly needs and instead look at the bigger picture — how we fit into God’s grand design, and how He can use us for His glory to be made known in the earth through us!
- Let’s cry out to our Heavenly Father in prayer – Oh Lord, Let Your kingdom come; let Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- Pray for our local assembly GLA Lighthouse, that God will open the doors of effective ministry for us, and give us the resources that we need to be influencers and thought leaders in our community and in the borough at large.
- Ask God to position you in the place of your calling and to release everything that you need to be relevant and effective in your sphere of influence.
- Pray for the anointing, the wisdom and the favour to prosper in your appointed place.
Shalom, Pastor Wale Ola