Scriptures For Meditation – Matthew 1:23; Josh 1:5-9; Ex 33:12-17
As we prepare to “celebrate” Christmas, sometimes, the very essence of what it should really mean to us can be lost in the merriments of the festivities.
We look forward to being with special friends, hosting family and loved ones; we save and scrimp, and travel thousands of miles to make this happen every year; but many may actually not crave the most important presence that we need amongst us through the seasons of our lives.
Today’s scripture for meditation brings us back to what should be the whole focus of our celebrations — Immanuel, God with us!
God With Us
When God is with you, His presence makes all the difference in your life and in your situations.
- This was the testimony of Abraham’s Life – Gen 21:22 (Abraham’s secret of success even acknowledged by the heathen king)
- Moses knew this — Ex 33:13-16
- Joshua experienced this — Josh 3:7
- The Testimony Of Jesus and His miracles affirmed this — John 3:2
When God is With You
Gen 21:20 — Even in the wilderness, Ishmael grew
Gen 26:21-33 — In spite of / in the face of Strife and contention / contrary to prevalent enmity and opposition, Isaac still prospered.
Even in the valley, he prospered
The presence of God guarantees security, blessings and fruitfulness
- Dear Lord, as we seek Your face and crave Your presence, Let us know the fullness of the reality of Immanuel — God with us!
- Let the tangible evidence of Your presence begin to manifest in my life, my home / job / ministry / church…
- Let there be Promotion for me, out of Obscurity into prominence
- Help and fight my battles Oh Lord, the battles in my life belong to You.
- Let my life be a testimony that will draw people to Jesus and bring glory to Your Name. Amen.