Contending For Your Destiny
Scripture for meditation — Ezekiel 47:6-12; Rev 3:7-8
Calling Forth March’s Miracles
Our first scripture for meditation today, is one of the key scriptures that God gave to us at the beginning of the year.
In keeping with our prayer focus for our fasting this month, we’ll be using these verses to pray for souls for GLA and the prosperity of the ministry.
God showed Prophet Ezekiel a vision of the River of God following out from the sanctuary down through the desert and finally emptying into the valley of the dead sea.
Very significantly, the consequence or the impact of this River as it flows through the different regions that it touches, is quite profound!
As the NLT translated verse 9,
“There will be swarms of living things wherever the water of this river flows. Fish will abound in the Dead Sea, for its waters will become fresh. Life will flourish wherever this water flows.”
And it goes on in verse 12 of the same translation:
“Fruit trees of all kinds will grow along both sides of the river. The leaves of these trees will never turn brown and fall, and there will always be fruit on their branches. There will be a new crop every month, for they are watered by the river flowing from the Temple. The fruit will be for food and the leaves for healing.”
Dead things come alive and living things thrive even more; there’s prosperity on every side and barren desert places become fruitful. There will be sustained nourishment and every month will yield its increase!
Oh that that same River will flow into our ministry; what a glorious change it would make in our lives!
Let’s reach out to God and believe Him together for this miracle in Jesus’s Name!
Pastor Wale Ola
1. For The Church
• Let’s pray for the River of God to flow into every part of this ministry and to bring revival.
• Pray for God to bring healing and deliverance everywhere the River flows.
• Pray for fruitfulness on every side; for the efforts and work of the ministry to bear fruit.
• Bring every programme and ministry initiative we will be doing in the month of March before God and pray for God’s blessing on them to prosper them.
• Pray for souls to be saved and added to the church in the month of March
• Pray that God will establish and cause those who are already planted in the church to flourish and be grounded in Him.
2. For The People
• Pray that in this new month, God will open doors of prosperity, promotion and favour for every member and supporter of this ministry.
• Pray also, that He will shut the doors that the enemy has orchestrated to bring discouragement, loss or death into our lives or families, and that the plans of the enemy concerning the month of March be aborted.
• Pray that in this new month, God will bless and prosper every member and supporter of this ministry in their endeavours — in their jobs, businesses, careers, marriages, ministry, education, financially.
• Pray for the release of the miracles and breakthroughs for the month of March, in the lives of the people and in the ministry as a corporate body in Jesus’s Name.
Contending For Your Destiny
Scripture Reading: Matt 16:21-23; Eph 5:13-17
Mat 16:21 From then on Jesus began to tell his disciples plainly that it was necessary for him to go to Jerusalem, and that he would suffer many terrible things at the hands of the elders, the leading priests, and the teachers of religious law. He would be killed, but on the third day he would be raised from the dead.
Mat 16:22 But Peter took him aside and began to reprimand him for saying such things. “Heaven forbid, Lord,” he said. “This will never happen to you!”
Mat 16:23 Jesus turned to Peter and said, “Get away from me, Satan! You are a dangerous trap to me. You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s.”
Matt 16:21-23 (NLT)
Whose Report Will You Believe?
One sure promise that God has given to us concerning this year, is that there will be changes to the stories of our lives; changes that will glorify His Name and move us into His destined purposes for our lives in this season. Can you say “Amen” to that?
Now as God has spoken, you have a decision to make – you can either choose to believe the word that God has spoken and start declaring it over your life and situation, or you can choose to continue to look at the things that you see in the natural, and ignore the word that God has spoken. But please remember, whatever choice you do make, you will eat the fruits thereof. Selah
As Paul writes, “we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.” (Heb 10:39)
The enemy’s strategy has always been to position himself to challenge the truth of the word that God has spoken to His children, and to try to derail them as they pursue the fulfilment of the word in their lives; he did it with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, he did it with Jesus at the temptation and in the Garden of Gethsemane; and no doubt, he will try the same strategy against you.
As the enemy did with Peter in Matt 16:21-23, sometimes, he will even use the people that are close to us, to give us “well-meaning counsel” that will bring us out of alignment with the will of God and His timely purpose for the season that we are in.
“Do not be foolish and thoughtless, but understand and firmly grasp what the will of the Lord is…!”
Maybe even now as you read this, he has already started to Weave his web of deception and lies to confuse your mind and prise the word of faith from your heart, make you change what you see, so that he can make you change your confession….and this is only the second month into the new year!
We will end today’s meditation by reflecting on the reading of our second scripture text from the Amplified translation of the bible:
Eph 5:13 But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light [of God’s precepts], for it is light that makes everything visible.
Eph 5:14 For this reason He says, “Awake, sleeper, And arise from the dead, And Christ will shine [as dawn] upon you and give you light.”
Eph 5:15 Therefore see that you walk carefully [living life with honor, purpose, and courage; shunning those who tolerate and enable evil], not as the unwise, but as wise [sensible, intelligent, discerning people],
Eph 5:16 making the very most of your time [on earth, recognizing and taking advantage of each opportunity and using it with wisdom and diligence], because the days are [filled with] evil.
Eph 5:17 Therefore do not be foolish and thoughtless, but understand and firmly grasp what the will of the Lord is.
Pastor Wale Ola
- Lord let the words that I speak concerning my circumstances align with the word You have spoken concerning my destiny.
- Dear Lord, please give me the wisdom to discern the counsel of man that is out of alignment with Your purpose for my life and my season.
- Speak into and command every area of your life to obey the prophetic declaration that God has spoken concerning your life.
- Prophesy into the month of March and call forth the release of every resource (material, financial, spiritual, human) that you will require to fulfil God’s agenda for your life in this new month.
- Pray that as you have found favour with God, men will also honour, elevate, celebrate and favour you in Jesus’s Name. Amen.
Contending For Your Destiny
Scripture Reading: 1Timothy 1:18; Psalm 102:13
What did God say to you? What had He said to you concerning your destiny, your career, your ministry, your finances, your children, this year?
What lies has the enemy been speaking to you through the circumstances and situations that you are experiencing right now?
Whose report will you believe?
Some Questions To Answer
As we begin our fasting and prayers for the month of February, I will like us to consider a few more questions which I believe have been inspired by the Spirit of God to move us into alignment with His promises concerning this season, and that we can use to pray through to the victory that is ours in Christ for this year—
Can you relate to any of the issues listed below?
- Do you feel as though you have been fighting an unending battle that you never seem to be able to get a break from?
- Do you sometimes feel powerless and exhausted fighting against an enemy that seems to be too strong for you?
If you have answered yes to any of those questions, please take some time to rejoice and celebrate the victory that you are about to experience over these challenges in this season of your life, as God exposes and destroys the operation of the spirit of Jezebel in your life!
The spirit of Jezebel is not a person! It is the spirit of discouragement that fights against the prophetic word that has been spoken over your life and destiny.
How The Spirit Operates
The Spirit of Jezebel operates as strong demonic influences that stir up discouragement, weariness, jealously, resentment and suspicion, and is often vindictive toward the person who detects its presence or confronts its operation. It conspires to drive people to abort the progress and success of divinely ordained projects, purposes, relationships, organisation, potential and destinies.
It will sometimes use false prophecies or so-called, dreams, visions or “insights from God” to bring fear, confusion and discouragement, in order to negate or counter a genuine word from God or work of God. It is a beguiling spirit that draws the unwitting in and recruits them as an army against the work of God in your life.
Remember as you examine the activities of this spirit that you will discover that you can be both the victim and perpetrator. As we deal with this spirit working against you, you also have to be aware that the spirit can use you as an instrument to discourage, hinder or sabotage the work or the plans of God in someone else’s life as well.
When the Lord gives you victory over this spirit, you will notice that a veil will be lifted, and scales of deception will fall from your spiritual eyes or from the eyes of those that the enemy has beguiled and had been instigating against you to hinder your efforts. Truth will prevail and set you free from anything built upon fabrications, lies, falsehood and untruths.
Pastor Wale Ola
- Lord, let me hear clearly, Your instructions that I need to hear to walk in obedience to Your word.
- Lord Unveil my eyes; let me know the truth of Your word concerning my life and every situation that I am in right now.
- Expose and destroy the influence of every lie of the enemy that has been designed to sabotage your plans and purposes for my life.
- Deliver me from every deception and the lies that the enemy has used to distract me or to resist my progress and promotion; whether through words, my thoughts, my emotions and feelings, offences, jealousy, false prophecies, dreams and visions that are not from God.
- Uproot everything in my life and in the lives of my helpers, my thinking and my emotions, that has kept me in bondage to the spirit that has been deployed to hinder the fulfilment of your word concerning my life.
- I declare the truth of Your word over my life (Psalm 102:13).