Contending For Your Destiny
Scripture Reading: 1Timothy 1:18; Psalm 102:13
What did God say to you? What had He said to you concerning your destiny, your career, your ministry, your finances, your children, this year?
What lies has the enemy been speaking to you through the circumstances and situations that you are experiencing right now?
Whose report will you believe?
Some Questions To Answer
As we begin our fasting and prayers for the month of February, I will like us to consider a few more questions which I believe have been inspired by the Spirit of God to move us into alignment with His promises concerning this season, and that we can use to pray through to the victory that is ours in Christ for this year—
Can you relate to any of the issues listed below?
- Do you feel as though you have been fighting an unending battle that you never seem to be able to get a break from?
- Do you sometimes feel powerless and exhausted fighting against an enemy that seems to be too strong for you?
If you have answered yes to any of those questions, please take some time to rejoice and celebrate the victory that you are about to experience over these challenges in this season of your life, as God exposes and destroys the operation of the spirit of Jezebel in your life!
The spirit of Jezebel is not a person! It is the spirit of discouragement that fights against the prophetic word that has been spoken over your life and destiny.
How The Spirit Operates
The Spirit of Jezebel operates as strong demonic influences that stir up discouragement, weariness, jealously, resentment and suspicion, and is often vindictive toward the person who detects its presence or confronts its operation. It conspires to drive people to abort the progress and success of divinely ordained projects, purposes, relationships, organisation, potential and destinies.
It will sometimes use false prophecies or so-called, dreams, visions or “insights from God” to bring fear, confusion and discouragement, in order to negate or counter a genuine word from God or work of God. It is a beguiling spirit that draws the unwitting in and recruits them as an army against the work of God in your life.
Remember as you examine the activities of this spirit that you will discover that you can be both the victim and perpetrator. As we deal with this spirit working against you, you also have to be aware that the spirit can use you as an instrument to discourage, hinder or sabotage the work or the plans of God in someone else’s life as well.
When the Lord gives you victory over this spirit, you will notice that a veil will be lifted, and scales of deception will fall from your spiritual eyes or from the eyes of those that the enemy has beguiled and had been instigating against you to hinder your efforts. Truth will prevail and set you free from anything built upon fabrications, lies, falsehood and untruths.
Pastor Wale Ola
- Lord, let me hear clearly, Your instructions that I need to hear to walk in obedience to Your word.
- Lord Unveil my eyes; let me know the truth of Your word concerning my life and every situation that I am in right now.
- Expose and destroy the influence of every lie of the enemy that has been designed to sabotage your plans and purposes for my life.
- Deliver me from every deception and the lies that the enemy has used to distract me or to resist my progress and promotion; whether through words, my thoughts, my emotions and feelings, offences, jealousy, false prophecies, dreams and visions that are not from God.
- Uproot everything in my life and in the lives of my helpers, my thinking and my emotions, that has kept me in bondage to the spirit that has been deployed to hinder the fulfilment of your word concerning my life.
- I declare the truth of Your word over my life (Psalm 102:13).