Guidelines For Special Fasting & Prayers
Early last month, God gave me a dream that I shared with the church, about some of the things that were about to happen in the coming days. Please if you can, do listen again to the sermon of Sunday the 15th of March. (Link to the sermon is provided below).
Particularly in the dream, He warned me about some things that would happen in this nation in 3 cycles of 26 days, the first of which will be on Friday the10th of April (this Friday), and I felt we needed as a church, to spend time in fasting and prayers from Wednesday the 8th of April till Friday the 10th of April, to stand in the gap and intercede for the nation and our leaders, petitioning God and praying for His mercy, to avert whatever these things might be.
Friends, we have spoken enough about what is happening and what is or isn’t being done. We have shared and forwarded enough materials on social media about what God or the devil might be doing or what this expert or that prophet is declaring.
Now is the time for the children of God to arise in faith and take our place as the custodians of the security, peace and well-being of this nation; and as ambassadors and representatives of the Kingdom of the Living God here on earth, to begin to speak words that will shape the narrative of the story, and not just echoing what the world is saying or what our eyes and our ears are being inundated with daily on News reports.
We must not allow the situation of this nation to be like when God lamented over Israel:
“I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land, but I found no one.”
Ezekiel 22:30 New Living Translation (NLT)
As I said earlier, please click the link below to listen to the sermon again, and let’s prepare to do what we can and join together to pray for the release of the power of God over this nation as we wait on the Lord in fasting in prayers.
THEME SCRIPTURE: Habakkuk Chapter 3
ONLINE PRAYERS EVERY EVENING
We will meet online to pray every evening, from Wednesday through to Friday via Zoom between 7:30pm and 8:00pm.
Day 1 — Wednesday April 8th
Intercede for the nation and the leaders.
- Pray that God will have mercy on this nation and grant the leaders divine wisdom to steer us through this period of time.
- Pray particularly for our Prime Minister that God will heal him and spare his life.
- Pray that the Peace of Christ will reign over the nation, that the spirit of infirmity, death and fear will be overcome by the power in the Name and by the speaking of the blood of Jesus.
- Pray that righteousness will rule once again in this nation, to make this a kingdom United under God.
Day 2 — Thursday April 9th
Pray For The Frontline Workers and The Sick and Bereaved.
- Commit all the frontline workers to the Lord for safekeeping and protection from infection and death. The medical personnel, porters, transport workers, shop attendants and all the various essential workers, that are working in this period and are potentially vulnerable and are at risk of infection.
- Pray for those who are sick for healing and for those who have been bereaved for comfort.
Day 3 — Friday April 10th
Pray For Divine Intervention In The Affairs of This Nation.
- Even though God didn’t reveal any specific thing that was going to happen on Friday, I was nevertheless impressed with a strong burden for us to stand in the gap, that God will avert any calamity or catastrophic events that may be looming over the nation.
- Let’s cry out to God, that He will revive His works and restore His favour to us as a nation in the midst of these turbulent times.
- Let’s pray for the church that God will give us the tools and the wisdom at this time, to be a light in the darkness and a beacon of hope to the nation.
- Let’s pray against, and cancel the forecast of a likely peaking in the number of deaths from the plague, that have been projected to arise over the coming days.
- Let’s Petition God to Arise Speedily on our behalf in Jesus’s Name.
May the Lord listen to our prayers, attend to our petitions and grant our requests in Jesus’s Name.
Watch on #Periscope: A Trophy For A Name | GLA LIGHTHOUSE Sun Sermon 15/03/20