Back To Where We Began
Scriptures For Meditation: Acts 2:42-47; Matt 9:35-38
One of the most significant changes that the body of Christ is experiencing in these times, is the proliferation of home churches across the nations of the world.
Even though we call it a “change”, it is actually a reversion to what the church was, how it began in the early days of the New Testament Church. Because of the persecution of Christians by the Roman rulers, worship service took place mainly in private homes, as described in the book of Acts of the Apostles.
As a result of the lockdown and social distancing directives in response to the pandemic, every church has had to adapt its operations in order to be able to deliver mission objectives and fulfil ministry vision. The hardest hit area has been the physical gatherings in designated church buildings and public meeting rooms.
Church Without Walls!
Disruptive as this may be, the church is nevertheless experiencing a sort of revival in close-group fellowship and a sense of “community” in relations, and then there’s the increased opportunity for outreach and evangelism as people are turning to or looking up to God.
It is now somewhat easier to get otherwise uninterested people to “attend” church services from the comfort of their homes online, without the “awkwardness” they might have experienced if they were to attend a live meeting. The walls have come down!
Friends, as Jesus said in our scripture for meditation today, the harvest is truly plentiful and the opportunity to bring the souls into God’s kingdom abound at this time!
As you believe God for those “new things” that you want to see happen in your life; please actively believe God also, for “New Things” that He can do through your life, business or ministry for the growth of His kingdom!
Today’s prayers will be focussing on believing God to open our eyes (individually and corporately), to see the new things that we need to align with, in order that God’s purpose for this season might be fully realised.
Let’s pray that God will anoint and bless the different social media platforms that we are using in these times to share the gospel.
Pray for a quickening in your spirit as God stirs up a passion to see souls added to His kingdom daily and the strategies to make it happen (both as an individual and as a church).
Pray for the walls that had limited or hindered us in anyway to come down.
Pray for multiplication even in these times; that the Lord will bless this ministry and prosper the work of our hands in Jesus’s Name.
Get Your New Wineskins ready!
Scripture For Meditation: Mark 2:21-22; Ps 90:12-17
As we wait on the Lord over the next three days, we will be paying into the theme of the messages that God has been speaking to us about change.
God has been speaking to us over the past few weeks, that He is about to do a new thing.
However, in order for us to be able to experience or indeed accommodate the “New Things” that God is about to do, we will need to get new wineskins ready for Him to use!
For the “new things” that you are believing God to do in your life in this season to manifest, God is waiting for you to get rid of the old Wineskins and present new ones that can receive and retain the fresh outpouring of the His Spirit that is necessary to facilitate the change for the season.
What Are These Old Wineskins?
• Our old Wineskins could be old attitudes and mindset that cannot handle the new things that God wants to do.
• They could be old structures that we have become accustomed to and which have become inflexible to change;
• Old ideas or habits
• Relationships that have run their course and need to end, but which we are trying to drag into the new season of our lives.
• The old Wineskins could also be people who have refused to change their outlook from the past to align with the new things that God has begun to do in your life, in a place or even in their own lives.
• Unscriptural Cultural dispositions and Customs —
- Some of these old wineskins could even be customs that have been passed down through the years which worked well in the past, that we have not bothered to question or review, and have become de rigueur in our lives, yoking us to the memory of the past!
- methods that have become stale and devoid of life, with no room for movement or change—
I’m talking about those Old Wineskins that have reached their limit of use, and cannot accommodate the vibrancy and effervescence of the new things that God is about to do.
The challenge of today’s message for you as you wait upon the Lord is fasting and prayers:
To uncover and confront every area of your life that the Holy Spirit is demanding and convicting you to change.
Q. What will you do about those old Wineskins?
These old Wineskins will stand in the way of your destiny; they can limit your progress or hinder what God wants to do in this new season of your life!
Don’t become so insensitive to the changing demands of this season, that you miss the opportunities for growth and progress that the new season may be offering to you.
• Dear Heavenly Father, please open my eyes to see the old Wineskins in my life that are hindering or can hinder the outpouring of Your promised blessings into my life.
• Show me where I need to change and what I need to change in order to prepare for the new things that You want to do in my life.
• Give me the new Wineskins appropriate for the new things that you are doing in my life in this season.
• I pray that You will give me the grace, the boldness and the courage to be able to address the limitations of the old Wineskins, and to remove them from my life, that I may receive Your promises in Jesus’s Name. Amen.
Theme: Healing of The Nation
Today begins the second of the three 26-day cycles of intercession that God instructed us to observe in the dream that I had on the 15th of March.
The first cycle which fell on the weekend of Good Friday to Easter Sunday, coincided with a series of events that showed us why God had given us the forewarning — that was the period that our Prime Minister was critically ill from the Covid 19 infection, and the worst weekend for fatalities and Good Friday in particular, recorded the highest number of deaths in a single day in the UK before or since after that date.
This second cycle strategically falls in this period when the government is billed to make critical decisions about the way forward concerning the lockdown and the economy. The Prime Minister will be addressing the nation this Sunday.
Whatever decision is announced on Sunday has the potential to have far reaching consequences for us all, either for good or bad, and here is our opportunity to stand in the gap again for this nation as oracles of God to intercede and declare that the good counsel of the Lord alone shall stand!
DAY 1 (Wednesday 6th May) — 1Timothy 2:1-2
Prayer For The Leaders
1Ti 2:1 I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
1Ti 2:2 Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.
• Pray for the Prime Minister, Economic, Scientific (S.A.G.E) and Political advisers, that God will influence their thoughts and give them the wisdom to make decisions that will prosper and bring healing to the land.
• Pray that God will overturn the plans of the enemy.
• Pray that he will not be able to hijack the situation to implement his own agenda for the nation.
DAY 2 (Thursday 7th May) — Eze 47:1-12
Healing of The Economy
• We will begin by praying that The River of God will flow through this nation, and bring healing to the land.
• Pray that God will heal the economy of this nation and preserve it from recession.
• Pray that God will heal ailing businesses and industries that are righteous and life-giving and are in alignment with His will.
• Pray that God will revive the church and bring healing to the fractures that have set in over the years.
DAY 3 (Friday 8th May) — 2Kings 7:1-20
Pray For A Positive Supernatural Turn Around In The Fortunes of This nation.
Pray that God will restore the prosperity of this nation and cause His peace to reign over the land.
May the Lord remember you and bless you as you stand in the gap for this nation in Jesus’s Name.
Pastor Wale Ola