Thank you for volunteering yourself to be used by God to stand as a Watchman for His people.
Pray for 1 Hour everyday throughout the month of February, at the time slot you have chosen.
In case you haven’t been able to commit to a specific slot throughout the month, you may still choose an hour to pray along with the volunteers at any time that you are able to make available for the cause.
The prayer guidelines below will help to give you a prayer focus with structure and content to fill your hour slot.
***In addition to this prayer direction, please also listen to God, and pray for any particular person or family or situation that He may bring to your mind and lead you to pray specifically about.
I pray that God will honour your commitment and reward your sacrifice abundantly in Jesus’s Name.
Yours in His Service,
Pastor Wale Ola
1- Preparatory Prayers
PREPARE YOURSELF— As You Come Into God’s Presence, Pray a Prayer of Dedication and Consecration.
- Praise and Worship to usher in God’s Presence and Power
- Pray for the anointing and grace to stand your watch — Ask For the infilling, empowerment and help of the Holy Spirit
- Pray for God to strengthen you and to bless the hour of your prayer
- Pray for open eyes, open ears and inspired words to keep your watch, as the Holy Spirit will inspire.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will inspire you and lead you to pray as He may want you to specifically direct you, on the hour of your intercession.
- Pray for Open Heavens, that God will show mercy and favour, and hearken to the voice of your supplication.
2- STAND YOUR WATCH
Your Watch is: Your family, The Church and Your Brethren, Your Nation
All these are areas where the enemy will seek to attack you to try and destabilise and hold you in captivity in order to prevent the will of God from being established in your life.
We are standing on the prophetic word that the Lord has spoken over this church and the members, and praying every promise into manifestation and rich fulfilment.
Bring every plan, ministry initiatives, meetings and events of the ministry before God. Pray that God will bless and prosper the work of our hands.
Pray for souls to be saved and added to the church. (Pray especially for God to bring in Men and add them to the ministry).
Pray for spiritual growth in the lives of the people and for God to bring revival into our homes.
Pray especially for God to revive the youth and children’s ministries.
Pray for God to bring in labourers and resources to do the work that He has committed into our hands.
Pray for God to refresh and reward all those that have been labouring in His vineyard and to birth or increase a spirit of commitment and a desire and willingness to serve in the hearts of the people. Ask Him to start with you.
Pray that God will settle us and lead us to the place that He has prepared for us.
We are taking position against the works of Satan and his forces in this season that we are in, in the Name of Jesus.
- We will pray that God will avert, subvert and cancel every plan of Satan concerning our lives, our families, this church and our nation.
- We will pray that God will fight for us and destroy all the works of the devil in our lives and against our family and church.
- Pray that God will break and reverse Negative Cycles and Patterns in our lives
- Pray that God will deliver those who are being held captive in any way by demonic powers, and break Curses operating in our personal lives, and families.
- Stand in the gap and intercede for the families, households and members of the church – For God to deliver them from the hands and bondage of the enemy.
- Pray for God to visit every household and bring deliverance and the fullness of His Salvation.
You will also pray for:
• Your marriage
• Your siblings
• Your children (their salvation, walk with God, education, gifting, calling, protection, career)
• Your parents
• Your spouse
Pray especially for God to answer the prayers of our brethren that are believing God to get married.
- Bring every unmarried member of the church and your family before God, and pray that the will of God will be established in their lives concerning marriage, and also God’s choice of their partner.
- Pray that God will remove every obstacle in their lives or families that have prevented them from getting married
- That God will cancel every embargo that has been placed on their lives to stop them from getting married
- That God will release and bring forth the life partners that He has ordained for them.
- We prophesy that this year 2022, we will celebrate weddings/marriages of the members of this ministry in Jesus’s Name.
Pray For Your household and the household of God (Pray the same prayers for the church and members)
- Pray for God’s Covering and Protection
- Pray against losses, accidents, sickness, death and calamities.
- Pray for the release of provisions and resources that are needed in every family
- Intercede for every member of the church and pray that God will come through for them miraculously in whatever areas that they need God to show up in their lives.
- Pray For Your job, your business or the place where you are working
- Pray for those that are believing God for jobs that God will make a way for them and open doors of miraculous jobs for them.
- Businesses of members of the church —Pray for Resources, Open Doors and Uncommon Favour.
- Pray that God will cause them to flourish and prosper supernaturally even in this season in Jesus’s Name.
- Pray for the release of resources and the infrastructure that are needed for them to accomplish the vision and to complete the projects that God has committed into their hands.
• Your Education (For the students amongst us)
• Your ministry
• Your dreams
• Your vision
• Your destiny
• Your Faith in Jesus Christ to grow and be strengthened; that your faith will not fail and that You will not lose your Salvation
Intercede for your nation for peace and prosperity —
- For the government, economy and culture to come under the influence and administration of the Kingdom of God.
- Pray that God will avert whatever calamities may be brewing in the nations, and protect you and your family from whatever storms may be in the horizon.
- Finish with thanksgiving and pray for the next intercessors that will be taking over from you. Pray that God will strengthen, refresh and anoint them anew for their task.
An Experiential Knowledge of God
Scriptures For Meditation: Eph 1:Col 1:1-14; Eph 5:14-17
Our prayer focus for today,, will be on having an authentic experimental knowledge of God.
To this end, we will meditate on, and pray the prayers that Paul prayed for the believers in both the Ephesus and Colossian churches over ourselves.
Let’s begin with thanksgiving for the grace that we have received to be called children of God.
Let’s pray Eph 1:17
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant us a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him,
That the eyes of your heart will be flooded with light, so that you can know and understand the hope to which He has called you, and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones).
That you will know by experience, the workings of the power of His resurrection.
And [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength,
Pray that you will be filled with the full (deep and clear) knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom [in comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God] and in understanding and discernment of spiritual things.
Pray that you may walk (live and conduct yourself) in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him and desiring to please Him in all things.
Pray also, that you will consistently live a life that is bearing fruit in every good work and steadily growing and increasing in and by the knowledge of God [with fuller, deeper, and clearer insight, acquaintance, and recognition].
Pray that you may be invigorated and strengthened with all power according to the might of His glory, [to exercise] every kind of endurance and patience (perseverance and forbearance) with joy,
Let’s prophesy Into the month of October, That our knowledge of God will indeed produce fruit that will also prosper us in all our ways, spiritually, temporally and materially.
Let’s pray also, that the month of October will align with the perfect will of God for us and that the riches of His grace and favour will be abundantly manifest in our lives in Jesus’s Name.
Let’s end today with a prayer of thanksgiving and rededication, consecrating our lives afresh to Him and praying that the evidence of our faith in the Lord will bring glory to His Name and draw others to Him, desiring to serve Him as well.
Pastor Wale Ola
From This Day Forward…
Scriptures For Meditation — Haggai 2:18-19; 2 Chronicles 6:12-31
Hag 2:18 ‘Consider now from this day forward, from the twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, from the day that the foundation of the LORD’s temple was laid—consider it:
Hag 2:19 Is the seed still in the barn? As yet the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate, and the olive tree have not yielded fruit. But from this day I will bless you.’ “
The two passages of scripture that we are meditating on for this last day of our fasting and prayers, capture the essence of what God is doing in our lives in this season.
Altered At The Altar
We started our first instalment of the series on curses and blessings reading the prophetic message that Haggai gave to the children of Israel, letting them know that the reason they were living under a curse was because they had neglected to keep their vows to God, which they made to Him when He delivered them from the bondage of the Babylonian captivity. (Hag 2:1-17)
They were meant to return to Jerusalem and rebuild the temple and the walls of the city. However, when they got their deliverance, they soon forgot about their obligations to God and went about their merry lives doing their own stuff; an attitude that even till this day, many of us unwittingly find ourselves exhibiting.
Whilst our focus yesterday was on pulling down and destroying evil altars, as we saw in Gideon’s life, we can only build the Lord’s altar, after other unholy altars have been destroyed.
Haggai returned to express an imminent change in the fortunes of the children of Israel, after they eventually did what God had demanded of them. As they laid the foundation of the temple and began the work of rebuilding God’s house, another prophetic word came to them from God —
From this day forward, I will begin to change your story; I will change the situation of your life, and I will bless you!
This is also the promise of God to us today!
We tore down the altars of Baal in our lives yesterday, and today, we shall be laying the foundation of a glorious Temple to the Lord in our lives and rebuild the altar where our lives will be an offering — a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving to Him — For as the bible says, we (believers) are the temple of God.
Recovery, Restoration, Rededication
In the second scripture, we see again, what happened when Solomon was dedicating the completion of the original temple that had been destroyed.
Solomon petitioned God on behalf of himself and the nation, by making some demands on God’s mercy and favour on account of the temple that had been built. (2 Chr 6:12-39)
He closed his prayers with a powerful invocation of God’s covenant keeping grace:
2Ch 6:40 “Now, O my God, I pray, let Your eyes be open and Your ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.
2Ch 6:41 “Now then arise, O LORD God, [and come] to Your resting place, You and the ark of Your strength and power. Let Your priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation and let Your godly ones rejoice in [Your] goodness.
2Ch 6:42 “O LORD God, do not turn away and reject the face of Your anointed; remember Your lovingkindness and faithfulness to Your servant David.”
We are also going to similarly rededicate our lives to God, and invoke His grace and loving kindness — His mercy and His favour over our lives and our families.
We have confessed and repented of our sins, renounced ungodly covenants and broken every curse and cancelled negative pronouncements over our lives and families.
We know that in the name of Jesus, our faithful Heavenly Father has heard and answered our prayers and rebuked the enemy, shut the mouth of the devourer and destroyed his power and influence over our lives.
We will therefore pray and claim the same promise that He made through Haggai to His people —
From this day forward, the Lord our God will bless us!
This is our battle cry against the enemy of our soul and destiny; we are blessed beyond the curse.
We have been blessed by God, and no one can stop it or reverse it!
The shout of our King is amongst us; Jehovah has been proclaimed to be our King.
Please join us online on Zoom again tonight for us to pray the prayer of Restoration and Rededication together.
May the Lord answer you speedily in Jesus’s Name.
Pastor Wale Ola
Prayer & Fasting
(Online Corporate Prayers)
Please Join Us For Prayers on Zoom TONIGHT from 7:30pm – 8:45pm. Click the link below to Join directly from your, PC, Mac, Linux, and on your iOS or Android phone: https://zoom.us/j/2018045150
OPEN AND CLOSE
Scripture For Meditation — Judges 6:1-32; 1John 1:9; John 8:36
“When the enemy has an open door into your life, the doorways of God’s blessings in your life are closed.”
This was the statement that the Spirit of God impressed in my heart as I prepared to write today’s blog.
God had promised to increase Israel as the sand on the sea shore; but as we read in our scripture passage, their sin stopped their growth and diminished them, and then their enemies, though otherwise every way inferior to them, overpowered them with numbers.
Open Doors and Breaches
Taking advantage of the open door that the Israelites’ disobedience presented to them, their enemies tried to deprive God’s people of the blessings which God had promised them —
They tried to hinder the access and enjoyment of the Israelites to the promised land.
The Enemy’s Strategy —
A repeating pattern of failure and a cycle of defeat.
Jdg 6:3 For it was whenever Israel had sown [their seed] that the Midianites would come up with the Amalekites and the people of the east and go up against them.
Jdg 6:4 So they would camp against them and destroy the crops of the land as far as Gaza, and leave no sustenance in Israel as well as no sheep, ox, or donkey.
Jdg 6:5 For they would come up with their livestock and their tents, and they would come in as numerous as locusts; both they and their camels were innumerable. So they came into the land to devastate it.
They always came at the time of harvest to devour the fruits of their labour.
All their produce and livestock was stolen after they worked hard to bring it to fruition. Does that sound familiar to you?
But you have not obeyed My voice:
God sent this messenger to tell them where the real problem was. It wasn’t that the Midianites were so strong, it was that because Israel was so disobedient, they were under the curse of toiling without harvest.
Manifestations of The Curse
Some of these things may be identifiable in our own lives as well:
• Hardship — Threshing wheat in the wine press — This was both difficult and humiliating.
• Fruitless labour — They had neglected to honour God with their substance and had prepared that for Baal with which God should have been served, and now God justly permitted an enemy to take it away in what should have been the season of their harvest.
• Poverty — When Israel kept in line with God, they reaped what others sowed (Jos 24:13; Psa 105:44); but now that God had forsaken them others reaped what they sowed.
• Oppression— The Israelites imprisoned themselves in dens and caves, because of the oppressive spirit of fear that had come upon them (Judges 6:2)
Tearing Down The Altars of Baal
By Gideon – Jdg 6:25-32
By Jehoiada – 2Ki 11:18
By Josiah – 2Ki 23:4-5
In ancient Israel, the people worshipped Baal because he was thought to be the god of weather, and they relied on the weather for agricultural prosperity.
In the hard economic times because of the Midianite oppression, people worshipped Baal all the more – not understanding that they only made things worse by not turning to God.
God called Gideon to get his own house in order first –
He had to destroy the altar of Baal before he could raise an altar to the Lord, and reverse the prevailing negative circumstances in their lives!
This is the same call of God to us in this moment in time — Get your house in order first!
We have to tear down the demonic altars of lies, deceit and unrighteousness that have prevailed in our lives, and empowered the enemy at the expense of the praise and honour that is due to God and robbed us of our destiny.
Spend the day to reflect on the negative patterns in your life or family.
Repent of whatever open doors or gaps that may be in your life or family that have empowered or are empowering the enemy to work against your destiny.
Cancel every curse that’s operating in your life or in your family line that are the result of the open doors.
Prayers of Renunciation (To be read from the slides at the prayer session tonight)
Prayer & Fasting
(Online Corporate Prayers)
Please Join Us For Prayers on Zoom TONIGHT from 7:30pm – 8:00pm. Click the link below to Join directly from your, PC, Mac, Linux, and on your iOS or Android phone: https://zoom.us/j/2018045150
Scriptures For Meditation — Is 44:1-8; 1Pet 2:9; Rom 8:11; John 7:39
THE POWER TO WITNESS
Isa 44:6 This is what the LORD says—Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD of Heaven’s Armies: “I am the First and the Last; there is no other God.
Isa 44:7 Who is like me? Let him step forward and prove to you his power. Let him do as I have done since ancient times when I established a people and explained its future.
We will be ending this month’s fasting and prayers today, by expanding on one of the Scriptures that we meditated on yesterday (Isa 44:1-8)
As we look closely at this scripture, we will notice a few things:
A Chosen People
First, Isaiah begins his introduction to the promise of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit by identifying the people to whom the promise is being made — God’s Chosen People.
Isa 44:1 “But now, listen to me, Jacob my servant, Israel my chosen one.
Isa 44:2 The LORD who made you and helps you says: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, O dear Israel, my chosen one.
As the bible tells us in 1Peter 2:9, we Believers by virtue of Christ’s redemptive work, have also become God’s own special people.
Do Not Be Afraid
As Isaiah said to the people in his time, so is the message to someone reading this at this time also — Do not be afraid!
Though there may be so many things troubling your mind at this time, the overflow of the Spirit of God into your life carries with it a promise of hope and succour to bring you to a different place where your victory is assured and the purpose of God for your life is established.
Isa 44:8 Do not tremble; do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim my purposes for you long ago? You are my witnesses—is there any other God? No! There is no other Rock—not one!”
You Are God’s Witness
Again, just as Christ stated in Acts 1:4 and Acts 1:8, telling us that the reason for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit is to empower us to be His witnesses, God also declares that these His chosen people on whom the Spirit are being invested are His witnesses — called to show forth His glory.
Refresh, Revive Restore
Isa 44:3 For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants, and my blessing on your children.
The prophecy also brings a promise of the blessings of refreshing, revival and restoration with the overflow of the Spirit of God.
And A Promise of Prosperity
Isa 44:4 They will thrive like watered grass, like willows on a riverbank.
Isa 44:5 Some will proudly claim, ‘I belong to the LORD.’ Others will say, ‘I am a descendant of Jacob.’ Some will write the LORD’s name on their hands and will take the name of Israel as their own.”
Prosperity is not just talking about money or material provisions — it is basically anything and everything that you need to fulfil God’s purpose for your life; everything that is required for your life to bear witness to the truth of the Good News that you proclaim, that will make people desire to serve the God that you serve and draw them into God’s kingdom!
The thriving that this prophecy promises, includes:
• Your health,
• Advancement in your career, prosperity in your business or ministry
• Life-Giving Relationships,
• Peaceful family,
• Gifts of the Holy Spirit for ministry,
• Sound state of mind,
• Favour on the job, and in your sphere of influence or area of calling.
• Every resource, tool, provision or infrastructure needed to fulfil your purpose.
• A fruitful life that bears witness to the life, teachings, death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Whatever is missing in your life for it to manifest the evidence of the promise of prosperity that comes with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in your life (all the things that are mentioned above) should be established.
Prayer & Fasting Online Corporate Prayers
Please Join Us For Prayers on Zoom TONIGHT from 7:30pm – 8:00pm.
Click the link below to Join directly from your, PC, Mac, Linux, and on your iOS or Android phone: https://zoom.us/j/2018045150