Theme: Healing of The Nation
Today begins the second of the three 26-day cycles of intercession that God instructed us to observe in the dream that I had on the 15th of March.
The first cycle which fell on the weekend of Good Friday to Easter Sunday, coincided with a series of events that showed us why God had given us the forewarning — that was the period that our Prime Minister was critically ill from the Covid 19 infection, and the worst weekend for fatalities and Good Friday in particular, recorded the highest number of deaths in a single day in the UK before or since after that date.
This second cycle strategically falls in this period when the government is billed to make critical decisions about the way forward concerning the lockdown and the economy. The Prime Minister will be addressing the nation this Sunday.
Whatever decision is announced on Sunday has the potential to have far reaching consequences for us all, either for good or bad, and here is our opportunity to stand in the gap again for this nation as oracles of God to intercede and declare that the good counsel of the Lord alone shall stand!
DAY 1 (Wednesday 6th May) — 1Timothy 2:1-2
Prayer For The Leaders
1Ti 2:1 I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
1Ti 2:2 Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.
• Pray for the Prime Minister, Economic, Scientific (S.A.G.E) and Political advisers, that God will influence their thoughts and give them the wisdom to make decisions that will prosper and bring healing to the land.
• Pray that God will overturn the plans of the enemy.
• Pray that he will not be able to hijack the situation to implement his own agenda for the nation.
DAY 2 (Thursday 7th May) — Eze 47:1-12
Healing of The Economy
• We will begin by praying that The River of God will flow through this nation, and bring healing to the land.
• Pray that God will heal the economy of this nation and preserve it from recession.
• Pray that God will heal ailing businesses and industries that are righteous and life-giving and are in alignment with His will.
• Pray that God will revive the church and bring healing to the fractures that have set in over the years.
DAY 3 (Friday 8th May) — 2Kings 7:1-20
Pray For A Positive Supernatural Turn Around In The Fortunes of This nation.
Pray that God will restore the prosperity of this nation and cause His peace to reign over the land.
May the Lord remember you and bless you as you stand in the gap for this nation in Jesus’s Name.
Pastor Wale Ola
Treasures of Darkness
Scripture for Meditation: Isa 45:3-6; 1Pet 2:9; Col 1:9-14
In yesterday’s blog, we spoke about the darkness that was prophesied to envelope the earth and how God promised to do a work in the lives of His people to still bring about His purposes through His manifest glory in their lives.
Dear friend, that promise still holds true for us at this present time as believers and children of the Most High God!
In the midst of the greatest darkness, His glory will arise upon you and cause you to stand out and manifest the praises of His name.
It’s your time to shine!
In our first scripture today (Isa 45:3), we see that God said to Cyrus:
“I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the LORD, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel.”
Or as the Message Bible puts it:
“I’ll lead you to buried treasures, secret caches of valuables— Confirmations that it is, in fact, I, GOD, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.”
Child of God, there are treasures in these dark times that are waiting for you to be discovered; buried treasures, secret caches of valuables that are hidden even in these dark times that God is making available for His children to possess as He leads them by His Spirit.
Do you have the faith to take your eyes off the distractions of the darkness and see the opportunities and possibilities that are also waiting for you?
Two main things for you to pray about as we believe God for this breakthrough —
1. Divine Leading
2. Divine Positioning
God’s promise to Cyrus is that He will lead him to the secret places where those treasures are hidden in the darkness. By extension, He was saying to Cyrus, that He will position him strategically in the places where he would be able to discover and appropriate these treasures.
• Pray again for God’s divine leading to be able to navigate through the present and the imminent dark times that’s upon the world.
• Pray for divine positioning, the anointing and the wisdom to be able to recognise and take advantage of all the opportunities that will enable you to possess these hidden treasures in Jesus’s Name.
God is going to do these things all because of the glory of His name and not because we have worked for it or deserve it; it’s going to be all about the grace of God shown in His mercy and favour towards us.
As He said to Cyrus:
Isa 45:4 It’s because of my dear servant Jacob, Israel my chosen, That I’ve singled you out, called you by name, and given you this privileged work. And you don’t even know me!
Isa 45:5 I am GOD, the only God there is. Besides me there are no real gods. I’m the one who armed you for this work, though you don’t even know me,
Isa 45:6 So that everyone, from east to west, will know that I have no god-rivals. I am GOD, the only God there is.” (The Message Bible)
• Pray that God will raise “Cyruses” who He will bring into your life, and will empower for your sake, to enable and help you to fulfil His call and purpose for your life in Jesus’s Name.
Pastor Wale Ola
A Light In Darkness
Scripture for Meditation: John 1:1-5; Is 60:1-3
We will continue our fasting and prayers today, looking at more of the prophetic word from God concerning Israel. But first, let’s look at our second scripture text for this series (Is 60:1-3).
Isaiah 60:2 will strike a familiar chord with many of us at this time, when the whole of the world is experiencing a time of gross darkness under the siege of the Covid 19 pandemic and its attendant trail of death and destruction.
The word of the Lord to Israel was:
“For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the LORD will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you.”
While the message on one hand was a portend of doom and gloom arising out of the imminent darkness that would envelope the earth and its peoples; on the other hand, it was also a promise of deliverance and breakthrough for God’s own people even in those dark times!
Instead of being covered and overwhelmed by the darkness that was to visit the earth, their story would be different — they would be covered by the overwhelming presence of God’s glory. Hallelujah!
But the promise didn’t end there; as a result of God’s glory arising over His people, unbelievers will see the manifestation of God’s work in their lives and even kings will notice and come to the brightness of their rising.
We will begin by praying as we did yesterday — let’s pray for God’s glory to arise over us as this gross darkness covers the world and its people.
Let’s pray that the glory of the Lord will be a defence for us in our homes, businesses, jobs, ministries and concerning our health.
Let’s pray that the work of the Lord will so tangibly manifest in every area of our lives, that unbelievers around us and even people in places of influence and power will acknowledge and be drawn to God.
Let’s prophesy into this season and declare the word of God and His unfailing promises over this nation, our places of work or business, school, homes, finances, ministry and church in Jesus’s Name.
Pray that your destiny will not be disrupted nor overwhelmed by the darkness that’s upon the world in Jesus’s Name.
Pastor Wale Ola
Anointing For Breakthrough
Scripture for Meditation: Isaiah 45:1-2; Eph 1:18-23
This passage of scripture is one of those curious prophetic messages in the bible, that lend themselves to varying interpretations.
The point of divergence usually centres around the true identity of Cyrus, about whom the prophecy pertains. Was he just a Persian king or was he a type of Christ?
Today, I want us to put the debate aside and instead look at some of the details of the prophecy expounding the purposes of God concerning him.
These will form the basis of our prayers as we fast.
The general tone of the word of the Lord concerning him was one of a demonstration of God’s sovereignty and His providence working in Cyrus’s life, to fulfil a divine purpose.
Let’s start this session by praying to God for the manifestation of His abiding presence in our homes, lives, businesses and in this church, as we go through the current climate that the whole world is experiencing.
Let’s pray to God for the anointing for breakthrough to be tangibly manifest in our lives — Let’s pray for the evidence of His presence to be seen in our lives as God promised to do in Cyrus’s life:
God declared that He will hold his hands, strip powerful adversary kings of their armour and defence to weaken them before him, and will open doors before him and remove every hinderance, so that his advancement will not be hindered.
Furthermore, God promises that His presence will go before him, level mountains and make a clear path for him to walk through.
Friends, that was some serious anointing on Cyrus’ life that we just read about! It was a powerful breakthrough anointing.
God’s divine presence, God’s protection, providence, direction and leading and God’s power were to become the defining features of his life.
Let’s pray that this will also be our own reality even in this season, as we begin to experience the favour of the Lord breaking through for us in every area of our lives in Jesus’s Name.
Pastor Wale Ola
Guidelines For Special Fasting & Prayers
Early last month, God gave me a dream that I shared with the church, about some of the things that were about to happen in the coming days. Please if you can, do listen again to the sermon of Sunday the 15th of March. (Link to the sermon is provided below).
Particularly in the dream, He warned me about some things that would happen in this nation in 3 cycles of 26 days, the first of which will be on Friday the10th of April (this Friday), and I felt we needed as a church, to spend time in fasting and prayers from Wednesday the 8th of April till Friday the 10th of April, to stand in the gap and intercede for the nation and our leaders, petitioning God and praying for His mercy, to avert whatever these things might be.
Friends, we have spoken enough about what is happening and what is or isn’t being done. We have shared and forwarded enough materials on social media about what God or the devil might be doing or what this expert or that prophet is declaring.
Now is the time for the children of God to arise in faith and take our place as the custodians of the security, peace and well-being of this nation; and as ambassadors and representatives of the Kingdom of the Living God here on earth, to begin to speak words that will shape the narrative of the story, and not just echoing what the world is saying or what our eyes and our ears are being inundated with daily on News reports.
We must not allow the situation of this nation to be like when God lamented over Israel:
“I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land, but I found no one.”
Ezekiel 22:30 New Living Translation (NLT)
As I said earlier, please click the link below to listen to the sermon again, and let’s prepare to do what we can and join together to pray for the release of the power of God over this nation as we wait on the Lord in fasting in prayers.
THEME SCRIPTURE: Habakkuk Chapter 3
ONLINE PRAYERS EVERY EVENING
We will meet online to pray every evening, from Wednesday through to Friday via Zoom between 7:30pm and 8:00pm.
Day 1 — Wednesday April 8th
Intercede for the nation and the leaders.
- Pray that God will have mercy on this nation and grant the leaders divine wisdom to steer us through this period of time.
- Pray particularly for our Prime Minister that God will heal him and spare his life.
- Pray that the Peace of Christ will reign over the nation, that the spirit of infirmity, death and fear will be overcome by the power in the Name and by the speaking of the blood of Jesus.
- Pray that righteousness will rule once again in this nation, to make this a kingdom United under God.
Day 2 — Thursday April 9th
Pray For The Frontline Workers and The Sick and Bereaved.
- Commit all the frontline workers to the Lord for safekeeping and protection from infection and death. The medical personnel, porters, transport workers, shop attendants and all the various essential workers, that are working in this period and are potentially vulnerable and are at risk of infection.
- Pray for those who are sick for healing and for those who have been bereaved for comfort.
Day 3 — Friday April 10th
Pray For Divine Intervention In The Affairs of This Nation.
- Even though God didn’t reveal any specific thing that was going to happen on Friday, I was nevertheless impressed with a strong burden for us to stand in the gap, that God will avert any calamity or catastrophic events that may be looming over the nation.
- Let’s cry out to God, that He will revive His works and restore His favour to us as a nation in the midst of these turbulent times.
- Let’s pray for the church that God will give us the tools and the wisdom at this time, to be a light in the darkness and a beacon of hope to the nation.
- Let’s pray against, and cancel the forecast of a likely peaking in the number of deaths from the plague, that have been projected to arise over the coming days.
- Let’s Petition God to Arise Speedily on our behalf in Jesus’s Name.
May the Lord listen to our prayers, attend to our petitions and grant our requests in Jesus’s Name.
Watch on #Periscope: A Trophy For A Name | GLA LIGHTHOUSE Sun Sermon 15/03/20