The River of God
Scriptures For Meditation — Ezekiel 47:6-12
Our scripture for meditation today is part of the key scriptures that God gave to us at the beginning of the year.
In keeping with our prayer focus for our fasting this month, we’ll be using these verses to pray for souls for GLA and the prosperity of the ministry.
God showed Prophet Ezekiel a vision of the River of God following out from the sanctuary down through the desert and finally emptying into the valley of the dead sea.
Very significantly, the consequence or the impact of this River as it flows through the different regions that it touches, is quite profound!
As the NLT translated verse 9,
“There will be swarms of living things wherever the water of this river flows. Fish will abound in the Dead Sea, for its waters will become fresh. Life will flourish wherever this water flows.”
And it goes on in verse 12 of the same translation:
“Fruit trees of all kinds will grow along both sides of the river. The leaves of these trees will never turn brown and fall, and there will always be fruit on their branches. There will be a new crop every month, for they are watered by the river flowing from the Temple. The fruit will be for food and the leaves for healing.”
There was freshness everywhere the River went. Dead things come alive and living things thrive even more; there’s prosperity on every side and barren desert places become fruitful. There will be sustained nourishment and every month will yield its increase!
Oh that that same River will flow into our ministry; what a glorious change it would make in our lives!
Let’s reach out to God and believe Him together for this miracle in Jesus’s Name!
Pastor Wale Ola
• Let’s pray for the River of God to flow into every part of this ministry and to bring revival.
• Pray for God to bring healing and deliverance everywhere the River flows.
• Pray for fruitfulness on every side; for the efforts and work of the ministry to bear fruit.
• Bring every programme and ministry initiative we will be doing this year before God and pray for God’s blessing on them to prosper them.
• Pray for souls to be saved and added to the church in abundance.
• Pray that every month of this year will see souls saved and added to the church from all the nations of the world.
• Pray that God will establish and cause those who are already planted in the church to flourish and be grounded in Him.
An Obstacle To Overcome
Scriptures For Meditation — 2Cor 4:1-4; Col 1:13
Yesterday, we looked into the heart of the Father to see a heart that is relentless in the pursuit of sinners, not to punish them, but to love them into becoming His children.
As was said also, we have been enlisted as co-workers to help in the realisation of this desire.
In response to this, we have undertaken the task to partner with God in prayers over this fasting period to see His kingdom enlarge; however our commitment to this task, must go beyond simply praying: “Lord, please make it happen in Jesus’s Name”.
We have to work smart!
We need to understand and work with the knowledge of the critical truth expressed in our first scripture for today — we would be dealing with people whose minds have been blinded by the enemy, in order to prevent them from receiving the truth of the gospel that can save them and set them free; and then, some are bound and need to be loosed even after they get saved, in order to remain in the kingdom.
Our Task today will be to use the authority that God has given to us in Christ Jesus, to remove the obstacles that stand in the way of realising the objective. (Matthew 28:18-20)
Let’s go in the power of the Holy Ghost and see His kingdom come as souls are saved and added to His kingdom!
• Pray for the minds that have been blocked in resistance to the gospel to be opened and to become responsive to the truth.
• Take authority over the lies of the enemy and cast down every imagination and knowledge that are being exalted above the word of God.
• Unlock the prison doors of the strongholds that have kept the people bound, then loose the chains and set the captives free
• Pray for God to provide opportunities and to orchestrate situations to witness the gospel to the unsaved.
• Call forth the souls into God’s kingdom and also into our fellowship.
Partnering With God
Scriptures For Meditation: Matthew 9:35-38; Proverbs 11:30
As I prepared to write the blog for this month’s fasting and prayers, a few thoughts came to my mind concerning what was the best way to capture and express what was on my heart concerning the focal point of our fasting.
Then an overriding thought came to my mind as I considered this question:
I wonder what’s on God’s mind?
I wonder if God has any prayer points; but why would He? Seeing as all things were created by Him and for Him?
But then I thought again; we spend so much time presenting our prayer lists before God; what about agreeing with Him on His own prayer point?
If God had one prayer point, what would it be? That’s what I would want to pray about!
Well, the answer to this question is not a super-spiritually discerned, theological revelation. It can be found by simply looking into the heart of the Father —
The heart of the Father beats for souls to be saved and delivered from the damnation of hell.
That’s the primary reason that He sent His Son Jesus Christ.
It follows then, that we as believers, ought to partner with God, to see His will established on the earth by helping to bring His desire to pass.
Our prayer this month will be our seed into the expansion of God’s kingdom.
Whilst we are believing God for prosperity in our own personal lives; in our business, ministry, finances, careers, etc, we will be partnering in prayers with God over the next three days, to believe with Him for the expansion of His kingdom.
Let’s burden our hearts with that one thing that we know is paramount in God’s heart. When Jesus declared that He will build His church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it, He was looking forward to you and I as believers and ransomed souls, to be the building blocks for His Church.
What an awesome privilege!
That the creator and possessor of the heavens and the earth will deem it fit to call us His children, co-labourers with Him and joint-heirs with Christ Jesus!
How else can we begin repay that love than by reflecting that same love in our lives and through our actions to bring many more souls into God’s family?
Can you say to the Lord today:
Here I am Lord; send me. I’m available and willing to be used by you!
Pastor Wale Ola
- Let’s start by thanking God for this ministry; for God’s faithfulness through the years, for the souls that have been saved and touched by the ministry of this fellowship.
- Let’s thank Him for all those people that He has used over the years to support and to serve in this ministry.
- Let’s thank Him for the testimonies and the manifestation of His presence and blessings in our lives.
- Let’s put our needs to the side for the moment and with our whole heart, pray and believe for souls to be saved and added to God’s kingdom.
- As GLA Lighthouse is an extension of God’s kingdom, let’s pray that we will also see the manifestation of the expansion of His kingdom even in this ministry, as we experience supernatural growth and expansion in the year 2019 in Jesus’s Name.
- Let’s each pray for God to show us how we can as individuals, be used more by Him in this year for the expansion of His kingdom.
- Let’s pray for the Anointing and every empowerment and resource we need to be equipped to do this.
Scripture Reading: Eph 1:3-12; Col 1:13
About this time two years ago, when we were waiting on the Lord for directions and a word for the new year, the Holy Spirit impressed a picture in my mind, where I saw a huge, funnel-like apparatus reaching down from heaven, with a stream of water being poured into it from above. (more…)
Scriptures For Meditation – Matthew 1:23; Josh 1:5-9; Ex 33:12-17
As we prepare to “celebrate” Christmas, sometimes, the very essence of what it should really mean to us can be lost in the merriments of the festivities. (more…)
Influenced For Change
Scriptures For Meditation – Jeremiah 1:4-10; Matthew 18:18-20
Following on from the topic of our mediation over the past two days, we will be continuing in the same vein by talking about the operation of influences in the life of a believer. (more…)